3rdLife Grid Privacy & TOS Policy
3rd Life Grid Core Team
This team can be found in world or on the forums by these names.
Gary 3rdLife - AKA - DJTommy Seetan
Brynelle 3rdLife - AKA - Daisy Coronet
This List is current and represents AUTHORIZED and Verified Founders,
employees or otherwise authorized agents of 3rdLife Grid
This policy may be supplemented by additional privacy terms or notices set forth on certain areas of the Service.
Some of your information is collected and retained automatically such as your IP address, MAC address, and machine ID and you provide us some of the information directly. In the event you should make a request to be “Forgotten”, your billing information and sales history will still be kept for 7 years.
We ask that you do not use any of your personal information as content for your inworld profile, advertisements on our website, social media pages, while using our virtual world, or to share with any other user of our virtual world.
In the event of a security breach, we will notify you within 7 days of discovery and will report any breach to authorities within 72 hours of discovery. We collect, store and use the data we collect in a safe and secure manner as we take protecting your data very serious.
3rdlife Grid will not share, sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone, for any reason other than as required by law through subpoena or court order, or to assist in criminal justice proceedings.
The type of information we can not protect includes:
*Entering any personal information into our “inworld” chat tools, social media posts, or forum discussions. This includes public, private, and group messages with others.
*Entering private information into your in inworld profile
*Your avatar name, uuid, and our grid login url when you visit another virtual world.
*Voice chat comments made by you while using our voice chat tools.
*Private information you may enter into any in world scripted object.
Why We Collect Data:
3rdLife Grid Is American based, however we feel that we still need to comply to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We care about your privacy and aim to minimize the amount of information we keep about you. However, we can’t provide services that require information without storing some information.
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you may include:
*Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
*Registration information including User names and passwords. Passwords are encrypted at the time you enter them and cannot be reversed, therefore, we cannot see your original password. This encrypted password is processed in a way which would make it unusable on any other service.
*Your PayPal address. Please note, credit and/or debit card numbers are not stored by us. These are stored by PayPal and/or GloeBits which are our payment gateway providers.
*Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to the Service; and Interests and communication preferences.
*You have a right to be “Forgotten”, or have information which is no longer needed deleted from our system at your request. If you would like to submit such a request, please visit our support pages and submit a support ticket requesting to be forgotten and we’ll be happy to help.
*You can request a copy of the data we have collected and stored for you at any time by submitting a support ticket asking for a copy of your collected data.
Information Collected Automatically:
*When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other payment details. In addition to this requested information, we also automatically collect your IP address, MAC address(Your network card’s ID), and unique machine ID whenever a user registers on our site, or uses our services. We use your IP address, your MAC address, and your machine ID to track where you are within our system so we can transfer data between your viewer and our servers, and to ban you if needed. This information will be kept for a period of 7 years and will not be subject to a “Request to be Forgotten” as this information is needed by our system to enforce any ban decisions made against you.
*We also keep a record of each of your “Inworld” PODEX and Gloebit balances and transactions and each of these services also have access to this information.
When do we collect information?
*We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, enter information on our site, or connect to our virtual world.
How do we use your information?
*We may use some or all of the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, use our virtual world, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
*To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
*To improve our website in order to better serve you.
*To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
*To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
*To quickly process your transactions.
*To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services you may have, or to help you with a support issue.
*To Analyze Sales and traffic trends.
*To track where you are within our virtual world
*To Ban you if needed.
How do we protect visitor information?
*We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
*Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are legally required to keep the information confidential.
*In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
*We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
*All credit card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
*Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
*Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
*Keep track of advertisements.
*Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
*You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
*If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled and will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
*However, you can still place orders, request support, and use the rest of our web site and virtual world.
Third Party Disclosure:
*3rdlife Grid will not share, sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone, for any reason other than as required by law through subpoena or court order, or to assist in criminal justice proceedings.
This does not include other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you such as our payment gateway providers, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third party links:
*Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website.
These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We also allow you to travel/visit other virtual worlds and these other virtual worlds will most likely have their own privacy policies and terms of service. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for your data, quality of service, loss of data, loss of service, and activities inside these other virtual worlds. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and virtual world and welcome any feedback about these sites or virtual worlds.
3rd Life Grid ACCEPTABLE USE POLICIES AND TERMS OF SERVICE FOR CUSTOMERS
Persons obtaining SERVICES from 3rd Life Grid or affiliated entities agree to the following terms governing usage
(these terms are referred to herein as 3rd Life Grid ’s “Acceptable Use Policy”).
These terms are in addition to terms agreed to for other services procured from 3rd Life Grid .
Adults Only : You agree that you are 18 years of age or older. No One younger than 18 is allowed access to 3rd Life Grid .
1. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
3rd Life Grid (the “Service”) provides server use for a 3D online world; 3rd Life Grid has no responsibility for the content that you access through the Service and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content; 3rd Life Grid assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, or failure to store any user communications, personalization settings, or content. If a user chooses to stream his/her video, music, audio or other content into 3rdLife Grid directly or using a streaming relay host, the content and any copyright/royalty fees and any other possible issues are the user’s responsibility.
2. PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Information regarding your service usage that is available to 3rd Life Grid will be maintained in confidence except for disclosures required by law (e.g., a lawful subpoena), disclosures you agree to, disclosures of general information on usage that does not refer to the user’s identity, and disclosures for billing, collection or enforcement purposes. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and account credentials, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify 3rd Life Grid of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, if this effects your services from 3rd Life Grid .
3. MEMBER CONDUCT
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Customer is solely responsible for all Content that Customer uploads, posts, instant messages or otherwise transmits via the Service or that may be stored by the service. Customer acknowledges that in using the Service, Customer may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable in the customers opinion. 3rd Life Grid shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
Customer agrees to not use the Service to:
1. Upload, post, email, instant message or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Transmit material that Is intended to or is likely to cause harm to minors;
3. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a 3rd Life Grid employee or representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
5. Upload, post, email, instant message or otherwise transmit any Content that the Customer does not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including, for example and without limiting the scope of this clause, proprietary and confidential information or information protected under nondisclosure agreements);
6. Upload, post, email, instant message or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party.
7. Upload, post, email, instant message or otherwise transmit any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” or “pyramid schemes”;
8. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit messages of any type to any other recipient list obtained from a third party or where permission was not granted,/p> directly by the recipient to the sender in a clear and concise manor;
9. Use the Service to collect replies or responses from any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “pyramid schemes,” or anything which violates this acceptable use policy (including, for example and without limiting the scope of this clause, hosting websites, images, email accounts, email servers, or other electronic means used to collect responses, orders or to track receipt of messages which violate this AUP, even if message did not originate from this Service).Sending Spam can lead to industry blacklisting of business and mail servers, IP addresses and blocks, resulting in interruption and/or termination of Customer’s Services;
10. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains malicious scripts and/or programs such as computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, keyloggers, password or personal information collectors, analysis tools, network probing or scanning tools or similar computer code or materials designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment either owned by or leased by 3rd Life Grid or the Services affiliates (other account holder);
11. Engage in hacking, port scanning or any attempt to access any information, computer or network without proper authorization, Including but not limited to accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, bing the security of other entities not limited to hosts, networks or accounts;
12. Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of Networks connected to the Service. Disrupt, degrade, harm or attempts to harm the 3rd Life Grid network or any of its services;
13. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law;
14. “Stalk” or otherwise harass another User or Account holder.
15. Unlawfully collect or store personal data about other users.
16. The soliciting, requesting, facilitating, or performing of child sexual activity, child pornography, or explicit depiction of child sexual matter in photos,drawings, or depictions by avatars, or any child oriented sexual content of any kind is not allowed anywhere in 3rd Life Grid (even if not banned by law in any jurisdiction) and will result in immediate termination of the individuals involved.
4. 3LG CURRRENCY USE LICENSE
3rdLifeGrid.com (3LG) Tokens (LC$)
3LG allows for the purchase, trade, exchange of virtual tokens known as “LC” Dollars”. These tokens can be purchased from Podex, however carry no intrinsic value themselves. Tokens can be exchanged, bartered, traded or transferred between 3LG account holders in exchange for permission to access and use Content, applications, services and various user-created features while respecting license terms of said content, application, service or feature. LC tokens are NOT a form of real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of real world money from 3LG. 3LG maintains the right to manage, regulate, control and/or modify the use of its tokens as it sees fit without prior notice and liability. All Tokens issued are and remain the property of 3LG. All LC tokens held by any account which has not logged into our system in the past 18 months will be forfeited and reclaimed by 3rd Life Grid – No Exceptions.
LC$ Top ups
3LG allows the purchase of tokens (3LGs, LG$) known as “3LG Dollars” directly from 3LG for a fee. This fee is at the discretion of 3LG and is the charge (generally per token) for the issue, management & facility to use a token in the 3LG environment. This payment is a usage fee and does not constitute a purchase of a token.
Customer shall indemnify and hold 3rd Life Grid and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content submitted or transmitted by Customer through the Service, Customer’s use of the Service, Customer’s connection to the Service, Customer’s violation of 3rd Life Grid ’s Acceptable Use Policy, Customer’s violation of local, state, federal or international law, or Customer’s violation of any rights of another person or entity through use of the Service.
3rd Life Grid may, without notice to Customer, terminate Customer’s access to the Service, or any other resource provided by 3rd Life Grid as part of the Service, if the Service believes that Customer has violated 3rd Life Grid ’s Acceptable Use Policy or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of 3rd Life Grid ’s Acceptable Use Policy. Customer also agrees that 3rd Life Grid shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of Customer’s access to the Service.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
3rd Life Grid , the service, and the owners of said service shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits or revenues, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if 3rd Life Grid has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) any other matter relating to the service.
If any provision of 3rd Life Grid ’s Acceptable Use Policy is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of 3rd Life Grid ’s Acceptable Use Policy shall remain in full force and effect. The section titles in this Acceptable Use Policy are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. 3rd Life Grid reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, supplement or revise this Acceptable Use Policy from time-to-time.
In addition to the above Terms of Service by using 3rd Life Grid ’s Services you must also agree to and accept all 3rd Life Grid Polices.
10. NON PAYMENT
If you have entered into a paid agreement with 3rd Life Grid for use of land and your land use fees are past due greater than 7 days, 3rd Life Grid reserves the right to consider the agreement null and void and all objects you own on the land may be returned to you and the land reclaimed and/or resold to someone else.
3rd Life Grid prohibits gambling of any type in our virtual world. Any games requiring someone to pay a fee to play them in hopes of obtaining a randomly generated payout is not permitted. A skill game, however is not considered gambling. Prohibited example: “Slot Machines”, permitted example: “Dart Throwing”. If in doubt, please ask. 3rd Life Grid reserves the right to ban any game for any reason at any time if we deem it is not suitable for our platform.
12. FREE LAND RECLAMATION
3rd Life Grid reserves the right to reclaim any land which was previously provided to any user free of charge for any reason. If said land is reclaimed, all objects on the land will be returned to the owner.